Built as mindless machines to fight in the Last war, the warforged developed sentience asa side effect of the arcane
experiments that sought to make them the ultimate weapon of destruction. With each successive model that emerged from the
creation forges of House Cannith, the warforged evoled until they became a new kind of creature--living constructs.
are renowned for their comabt prowess, their size, and their single-minded focus. They make steadfast allies, and fearsome
enemies. Earlier warforged models are true constructs; some of these remnants of the Last war appear in monstrous varieties,
such as the warforged titan.Personality:
The warforged were made to fight in the Last war, and the continue to
filfill their purpose with distinction. They fight fiercely and usually without remorse, displaying adaptability impossible
for mindless constructs. Now that the war has ended, the warforged settle easily into new roles as artisan or laborers, while
other wander as adventurers or even continue fighting the Last war despite the return to peace.Physical Description:
Warforged appear as massice humanoids molded from a composite of materials-- obsidian, iron, stone,darkwodd, silver, and organic
material -- though they move with a suprising grace and flexibility. Flexible plates conneced by fibrous bunbleds that make
up the body of a warfoged, topped by a mostly featureless head.
Warforged have no physical distinction of gender; all of
them have a basically muscular, sexless body shape. In personality , some warforged seem more masculine or feminine, but different
people judge the same warforged in different ways. the warforged themselves seemed unconcerned with matures of gender. The
do not age naturally, thoug hteir bodies do decay slowly even as their minds improve through learning and experience.
among constructs, warforged have learned to modify their bodies through magic and training. Many warforged are adorned with
heavierm etal plates that those their creator origionally endowed them with. this customized armor, built in weaponry, and
other enhancments to their physical form help differentiate one warforged from another.Relations:
As the warforged
strive to find a place ina society for themselves after the Last War, they silmultaneously struggle to find ways to relate
to the races that created them. In general, the humanoid races of Khorvaire regard the warforged as an unpleasant reminder
of the brutality of the Last war and avoid dealing with them when possible.
In Thrane and Karrnath, the warforged are still
seen as the property of the miltiary forces that paid to have them built, and most warforged in thosen ations serve as slave
labor, often used to repair buildings and roads damaged in the Last War. Throughout the rest of Knowvaire, they have freedom
but sometimes find themselves the victims of dsicrimination, hard-pressed to find work or any kind of acceptance. Most warforged,
not being particualarly emotional creatures, accept their sturggles and servitude with equanimity, but others seethe with
resentment agianst all other races as well as those warforged whose only desire is to please their "masters"Alignment:
and generally neutral. they were built to fight, not to wonder whetehr fighting is right. thoguh they are perfectly capable
of independant though and moral speculation, most choose not to wrestle with ethical ideals.Warforged Lands:
orginated in Cyre before its destruction and have no homeland. Most of them have dispersed acroos Khorvaire, laboring as indentured
servant in Korth, Atur, and Flamekeep, or struggling to find work nad acceptance in Sharn or Korranberg. A few congregate
in the Mournland, attempting to build a new warforged society free from the prejudice and mistruct of the older races.Dragonmarks:
The warforged nenver posses dragonmarks.Religion:
Just as most warforged are not inclined to align themselves with
any particular mroal or ethical philosophy, few show much interst in relgion. Some warforged have found a kind of answer to
the questions of existence by taking up the cause of one relgion or another, but these remain a small ( if rather vocal) minority
among their kind. A larger number gravitate to a messianic figure called the Lord of Blades. This powerful leader gathers
a cultlike following of disaffected warforged by preaching a return to the Mournland and rebellion agianst the "weak-fleshed"
Warforged speak Common, sicne they were designed to communicate with their(mostly human) creators
and owners. Names:
Warforged do not name themselves and only recently have begun to understand the need of other races
to have names for everything. Many accept whatever names others see fit to give them, and warforged traveling with humans
are often referred to by nicknames. Some warforged, however, have come to see havng a name asa defining moment of their new
exisitence, and thus search long and hard for the perfect name to attach to themselves.Adventurers:
is one way that warforges can fit into the world-- at least as well as any adventurer ever fits in. In the wilds of Xen'drik,
the ancient continent of secrets, few poeple care whether your born or made, as long as you can help keep your companions
alive. A fairly large number of warforged choose an adventuring life to escape from the confines of a society they didn't
create abd at the same tim engage in some meaningful activitiy.
WARFORGED RACIAL TRAITS
- Living Construct Subtype (EX): Warforged are constructs with the living construct subtype. A living construct is a created
being given sentience and free wll through powerful and complex enchantments. Warforged are living constructs that combine
aspects of both consturcts and living creatures, as detialed below.
- Features: As a living construct, a warforged has the following features.
- -A warforged derives its Hit DICe, base attack bonus progression, saving throws, and skill points from the class it selects.
- Traits:A warforged possesses the following traits.
- -Unlike other constructs, a warforged has a Constitution score.
- -Unline other constructs, a warforged does not have low-light vision or darkvision.
- -Unlike other constructs, a warforges is not immune to mind-affecting spells and abilities.
- -Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysism disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition,
and energy drain.
- - a warforged cannot heal damage naturally.
- -Unlike other constructs, warforged are subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, stunning, ability damage, ability
drain, and detah effects or necromancy effects.
- -As lving constructs, warforged can be affects by spells that target living creatures as well as by those that target
constructs. Damage dealt to a warforged can be healed by a cure light woulds spell or a repair light damage
spell, for example, and a waforged is vunerable to a disbale construct spell and harm. However, spells from
the healing sunschool and supernatural abiliries that cure hit point damage provide onlt half their normal effect to a warforged.
- -The unusual physical constructions of warforged makes them vunerable to certian spell and effects that normalyl dont
affect living creatures. A warforged is affecteds by repel metaland chill metal as if he were wearing metal
armor. Likewise, a warforged is affected by a repel metal or stone as if he were wearing metal armor. A warforged is
repelled by repel wood. The iron in the body of a warforges makes him vunerable to rusting grasp. The creatures
takes 2d6 points of damage from the spell (Reflex half; save DC 14+ caster's ability modifier). A warforged takes the same
damae from a rust monster's touch. (Reflex 17 DC half). Spells such as stone to flesh, stone shape, warp
wood, and wood shape affect objects only, and thus cannot be used on the stone and wood parts of a warforged.
- -A warforged responds slightly differently from other lving creatures when reduced to 0 hit points. A warforged with 0
hit points is disable, justl ike a living creature. He can only take a single move action or standard action in each round,
but strenous activity does not risk further injury. When his hit points are less than 0 and are greater than -10, a waforged
is inert. he is unconscious and helpless, and he cannot perform any actions. However, an inert warforged does not lose additonal
hit points unless more damage is dealt to him, as with a lving creature that is stable.
- -As a living construct, a warforged can be raised of resurrected.
- -A warforged does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe, but he can stil benefit from the effects of consumable spells and
magic items suchs as heroes' feast and potions.
- -Although living consturcts do not need sleep, a warforged wizard must rest for 8 hours before preparing spells.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma: Warforged are resilent and powerful, but their difficulty in relating to other
creatures makes them seem aloof or even hostile.
- Medium: As medium constructs, warforged have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Warforged hasa base land speed of 30 feet.
- Composite Plating: The plating used to build a warforges provides a +2 armor bonus, This plating is not natural armor
and doesn to stakc with the other effects that give an armor bonus ( other than natural armor). This composite plating occupies
the same space on the body asa suit of armor or a robe, and thus a warforged character cannot wear armor or magic robes. Warforged
can be enchanted just as armor can be. The character must be present for th entire time it takes to enchant him.
plating provides a warforged with a 5% arcane spell failure chance, similar to the penalty for wearing light armor. Any class
ability that allows a warforged to ignore the arcan spell failure chance for light armor lets him ignore this penalty as well.
- Light Fortification (EX): When a critical hit or sneak attack is scored on a warforged, there is a 25% chance that the
critical hit or sneak attack is negated and the damage is instead rolled normally.
- A warforged has a natural weapon in the form on a slam attack that deals 1d4 points of damage.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: None.
- Favored Class: Fighter. A multiclass warforged fighter class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience
point penalty for multiclassing.